Thursday, June 11, 2015

Same Block, Different Looks

Hello lovelies!

A while ago I made a blog post for AGF called, One Block Three Ways and I wanted to do it again on my blog. I wanted to show the different ways one single quilt block can have with different fabric selections. Sometimes we just get stuck in one style and we forget that we can mixed and match with different fabrics, and have a stunning result. 
This time around I made two Pinwheel quilt blocks (being one of the easiest to make because it only involves half square triangles!), giving them two different looks, Ethnic and Romantic.

Ethnic

For Ethnic, I used Etno Fabrics'  Dreams of Amina, Shore Remains Algae and Macchiato Pure Elements from Art Gallery Fabrics. If you wan to go for a more Ethnic look on your quilt, make sure to choose light and dark pure colors that will complement the main fabric which you had selected for central focus.   



I like to get inspired in everything I do and visualizing my inspiration is a must, so I created this little mood board with inspirational images that will help me get inspired and I hope it helps you as well☺


Here is a close up of the Ethnic quilt block. See how the soft Mocchiato perfectly complements Dreams of Amina and Shore Remain Algae, it truly makes this block stand out.



Romantic

For Romantic I used Rock 'n Romance. I wanted to give romance an edge with a bit of Rock n' Roll and what a great way to do so than with Rock 'n Romance.
For this block I used Wild Heart Spirited, Femme Metale Steel and Art Gallery Fabrics' Verve Violet. Romance is all about sweetness and softness, but with the bit of Rock 'n Roll I added to it, I had to add a strong yet soft background color and AGF's Verve Violet was the way to go choice. 

And here is some of my inspirational pictures to help me get inspired when choosing colors ☺



A close up of this Romantic quilt block. The fun part about it is that this block does not look the same while using different fabrics. You will have two completely different quilts using the same quilt block! How cool is that??  



I wanted to prove my point by using a traditional quilt block. If you choose your fabric carefully and have in mind what sort of quilt you want to achieve (Ethnic, Romantic, Modern...etc) you can make something amazing and can turn this traditional block in a very stylish one ☺


xoxo

Pat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

10